Sunday 3 March 2013

Film version of "The Wars"

A film version of “The Wars”, a novel by Timothy Findley, was made in the 1980’s to initial wide acclaim. Critics and the general public regarded it as a masterpiece, much like the novel it copied. But as the years progressed, and more critics had time to think about the film, poor directing and other shabby aspects of the film were found. Still, I think it would be really cool to actually watch this film. To finally be able to capture in my mind’s eye what Robert Ross looks like would be stellar. But can any film based on a novel really do justice to the literature it is trying to embody in images, probably not.      

1 comment:

  1. well, I never seem to think that film versions do novels justice. That's just me though...especially since the characters have already formed in my mind's eye I guess and when they are not depicted similarly, it's just disappointing.
    Glad to see you have found a film version. Perhaps you will watch it one day?

    ReplyDelete