Wednesday 6 February 2013

First post about "The Wars" by Timothy Findley


I chose to read the novel “The Wars”, by Timothy Findley, for various reasons. Mainly I want to read this novel because the subject matter sounded interesting to me. Also, the length of “The Wars” is the shortest in length compared to all the other novels we could choose to read. Lastly, this novel compelled me because it’s a harder read than all the other novels we could have chosen to read, and it’s beneficial to challenge yourself. After reading this novel, I hope to have a better understanding of trench warfare, and a greater appreciation of the hardships faced by soldiers in WW1. My inquiry question will probably involve either something about caring for the mentally and physically disabled, or something involving care for veterans.    

No comments:

Post a Comment